Create a Hyperlink
- Highlight the text you want to hyperlink and click the Link icon or click Elements > Link in the editor.
- Alternatively, right-click the highlighted text and choose Create Link from the context menu, or highlight the text and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+k or Cmd+k.
- In the Link Picker window:
- The Link Picker defaults to the Search tab, which automatically searches for articles based on the word(s) you highlighted for the hyperlink, or….
- you can browse through the hierarchy, or
- insert a destination URL in the Link to field.
- In the Jump to anchor or section drop-down, leave the default No anchor or section selected to link to the top of a page, or choose an option from the drop-down to link to a particular part of a page.
- The options automatically include any header sections of a page and any anchor links you added to the page.
- Under Link Options, choose your preference.
- Default will open the link in the same window.
- Open in a new window will open the link in a new window or new tab in the same browser.
- Open in contextual help overlay will open the link in a simplified smaller window in the center of the page.
- (NOTE: External links cannot open in contextual help overlay.)
Edit or Remove Hypelinks
- To change the destination URL, anchor selection, or options for a link: While in edit mode, click anywhere within a hyperlink and choose Edit link from the popup window.
- To remove a hyperlink from text: Click anywhere within a hyperlink in edit mode and choose Unlink from the popup window.
- To remove hyperlink functionality from an email address on a page: Highlight the email address, choose Unlink from the popup window, and choose Format > Regular text (no wiki formatting) from the editor toolbar.