The Format menu contains tools that allow authors to change the look of selected text.
- Font - Change the font for selected text. You can also add new fonts or control them globally with CSS.
- Text color
- Background color
- Strikethrough: Strikes a line through selected text. For example:
- Subscript: Add a small letter or symbol below a line. E.g. writing the chemical compound N2
- Superscript: Add a small letter or symbol above a line of text. E.g. writing equations 23 = 8
- Code: Insert a code block or apply a code block to selected text.
- Regular text: Exclude selected text from being parsed by the editor.
- Remove format: Remove all formatting from the selected content.