PDFs can be a quick and easy way of distributing information outside of the MindTouch environment, both digitally and physically. Although the MindTouch out-of-the-box styling provides a professional look and feel, we also understand that you may have the need to uniquely brand your products. MindTouch allows you to customize the look of your generated PDFs via our custom PDF CSS so that you have every opportunity to reinforce your brand, no matter whether the reader is part of your organization or an external user. With MindTouch you not only have the ability to quickly create a PDF from an article, but you also have the flexibility to brand your PDF to truly represent your company and brand.
View the default PDF CSS
Before you start modifying your PDF CSS, get insight into the default PDF CSS:
- Append the following to your MindTouch site URL:
/skins/common/prince.csFor example, you would load the following for your site:
Check for styles you can tweak and modify to fit your own styling.
Be aware that
content: <value> adds information to the PDF. If the
content: <parameter> includes a
flow value, then there are elements that are passed to the PDF that cannot be modified, only overridden.
Add your custom PDF CSS
To customize styles, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
- Under Branding, select Custom PDF CSS.
- Add your own CSS in the Custom PDF CSS text box and click Save.
- To save a CSS file as backup or to work with it on your desktop IDE (integrated development environment), click Export CSS.