Maybe you have grown your content in your sandbox and are now ready to move content to your permanent site. Or maybe you want to move content from one MindTouch instance to another. MindTouch makes moving your content over easy by allowing you to export and import content as an MTARC file.
Exporting and importing pages via an MTARC file is intended for page files that are 50 MB or less. If you plan on moving content larger than 50 MB, contact MindTouch Support.
Export existing MindTouch content
- To export content, click Options > Export.
- If applicable, check the Export all children of this page as well checkbox to export the current page (or category or guide) along with its subpages.
- Click Download exported file to download the MTARC file onto your computer.
Import existing MindTouch content
- Once you have exported the MTARC file, go to the page in MindTouch under which you want to import the content and click Options > Import here.
- Click Choose File, find your downloaded MTARC file, and import as prompted.
What happens to my links?
When importing pages all links from within the context of the import will be updated to reflect the current path where the content is being imported to. Any links that reference content outside of the context of the import will continue to point to the original content.
Export your content as MTARC files (50 MB or less) to backup the content you so painstakingly worked on.