This page applies to:MindTouch (current)
This article provides steps for embedding the sign-in tool into your web properties or applications.
- A sign-in tool created.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Rights of authorship on the page on which you want to embed the sign-in tool.
How to embed the sign-in tool
Step 1: Copy the embed code
Skip this section if you already copied the code when you created your sign-in tool.
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoints Toolbox.
- Scroll down the page to the Currently enabled Touchpoint tools section, select your tool and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the sign-in tool
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed your sign-in tool .
- Decide where on the page you want to add the sign-in tool .
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
Step 3: Test your sign-in tool
- Sign out of your MindTouch site.
- Navigate to the web page or application that contains the sign-in tool.
- Click the sign-in icon.
- Verify you are redirected to the MindTouch sign-in page.
- Sign in and navigate back to your web page or application.
- Verify the sign-in icon now displays your user name.
Explore the search-in-place tool.