This article describes how to create and configure the customer insights tool to embed into your ticketing system.
The customer insights tool requires the user to be signed in with site permissions. We recommend using the customer insights tool in conjunction with the sign-in tool.
How to create the customer insights tool
Perform the following steps to create and configure the customer insights tool:
Step 1: Access the Touchpoint toolbox
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations >Touchpoint Toolbox > Customer Insights.
- Review the customer insights configuration fields:
Step 2: Configure the customer insights tool
Enter the following information:
- Name. Unique name to easily identify the customer insights tool.
- Host. Host name or domain where the tool will be embedded. (You may use comma separated host names and wildcards.)
If you want to apply a customer insights tool throughout your site and all subdomains, do NOT enter
www.<yourdomain>.com. Instead, enter
- Input hint. The text displayed in the search bar field.
- Customer insights token. Default token for which results are automatically populated.
- Height. The container height of the customer insights tool. We recommend using percentages or ems as CSS units of measure to keep your display responsive. The default setting is 100%.
- Width. Set the container width of the customer insights tool. We recommend using percentages or ems as CSS units of measure to keep your display responsive. The default setting is 100%.
Step 3: Create the customer insights tool
Click Add this Touchpoint tool.
Step 4: Copy your embed code
When prompted, click Copy code to clipboard to copy the embed code of your customer insights tool.
To review your customer insights tool configuration or to copy the embed code later, navigate to System Settings > Integrations >Touchpoint Toolbox > Currently enabled Touchpoint tools.
Step 5: Embed your customer insights tool
To embed the customer insights tool into your web page or application, follow the steps outlined in our article on how to embed your customer insights tool.