This article explains how to add and configure new users to your site who (1) will be part of a group that can create, edit or manage specific pages or sections of your public-facing content and who (2) are authenticated through MindTouch.
If you are authenticating via SAML SSO, please read our article on how to add users through your IdP.
How to add users to your site
To add new users to your site and assign them to specific contributing groups, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Access the control panel
On the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
Step 2: Add a new user
- In the control panel, under Users & Groups, select Users.
- Under Users & Groups, click Add New User.
Step 3: Configure your new user
- Username. Choose a unique username to identify your user. (Don't include spaces in your usernames or the search function may not work properly.)
- Display Name. Shown on MindTouch pages such as in the Last updated byline.
- Email. Address to be used for automatic correspondence and notifications.
- Password. Leave blank if you prefer the user be sent a system-generated password.
Step 4: Assign the Viewer role to your user
- Assign the user as Pro Member.
- From the Pro Member drop-down menu, assign the Viewer role.
Step 5: Add the user to your contributing group(s)
- Add the user to the group(s) that will be granted privileges in the public-facing sections the user is to contribute to.
- Click Add User.
Step 6: Have the user sign in
Once you add a new user, the user will receive a confirmation email containing the link to your site and a username and password. Remind the user to sign in to MindTouch and to reset the passwords by selecting the "forgot password" option at login.
User email addresses are used for all communications from your MindTouch site, so also remind users to whitelist your site (i.e. to remove your site from any spam filters) to ensure they receive important site information.
Learn how to configure your pages for public consumption but restricted contributor access.