Sites using an IP restriction configuration are incompatible with Google Analytics integration.
Integrate Google Analytics into MindTouch
- Follow Google instructions to find your Google Analytics tracking ID.
- In your MindTouch site, navigate to Site tools > Control panel > System Settings > Integrations.
- Add your Google Analytics ID (e.g., UA-12-3456789).
- Add your Google Analytics Domain (e.g., <mysite>.mindtouch.com). Do not add the prefix
https://or Google Analytics will not recognize the integration.
- Click Save.
After implementing Google Analytics, data such as traffic, audience information, and browser details can take up to 24 hours to appear in your reports. To be sure you configured it successfully, follow Google's instructions to check your web-tracking setup.
Integrate Google Tag Manger into MindTouch
- Follow Google instructions to set up and install Google Tag Manager.
- In your MindTouch site, add the Tag Manager code snippet to your custom site header or footer.
For better site performance, we recommend you add the code to your footer template. Do not add Tag Manger code snippets to your MindTouch header HTML via the Control Panel, because it can auto-generate extra tags that negatively affect your Tag Manager integration.
Integrating Google Analytics into your MindTouch site will set up default reporting. Learn more about how to configure Google Analytics to get the most from your data.