How are your customers finding content? The search report offers a full list of search queries and the articles clicked, providing detailed insight into what your customers care about.
What is the search report?
The search report provides a visual cloud of search terms users entered most often. The search queries list is ordered by the most popular search term to least popular search and displays the search result clicked most often for the entered search term (Top clicked result).
Why do I need to use the search report?
Verify search queries lead to a top clicked result.
If the table does not show a top clicked result for users' searches:
- create search recommendations to surface desired content based on common keywords
- write an article to address unanswered, commonly asked questions
Where is the search report?
You can find this report by doing the following:
- On the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Dashboard.
- Under Reporting, click Search terms and queries.
Use the search report
Review the below image to learn more about search report functionality:
- Set range: Allows you to filter results by a set period of time. Date options include 1 week, 30 days, 90 days, and 1 year.
- Popular search terms: A visual display of popular keywords used in search queries. Words have different sizes based on the frequency that they are used.
- Search queries field: A search fields that allows you to manually enter a keyword or phrase to filter results.
- Popular search queries: A table listing of search queries based on the above filters. The display starts with a default listing of all search queries ordered by popularity and can be filtered by choosing a date range or search keyword.
Can I download search report data?
Learn how to download your search report.