This tip describes how to configure content IDs for contextual help Touchpoint tools embedded on external web pages or applications.
Why use content IDs with contextual help?
Use content IDs if you embed a contextual help Touchpoint tool in an external web page or application. In case the MindTouch page linked to the Touchpoint tool is ever moved or renamed, you only have to change the content ID once to update all occurrences of the tool's URL.
Configure contextual help with content IDs
- Create and embed your contextual help link.
Initially, configure your contextual help link with a standard URL to make troubleshooting dependencies easier if needed.
- Verify your contextual help link is working.
- Configure your content ID.
- Open the web page containing the contextual help link in source mode.
- Replace the contextual help link with the content ID location. The following is a sample link containing a content ID URL: