This article provides steps for embedding the MindTouch contextual help Touchpoint into your web properties or applications.
- Create a contextual help Touchpoint
- Basic HTML skills
- Rights of authorship on the page on which you want to embed the contextual help Touchpoint
- If applicable, the custom CSS selector specified during configuration
How to embed the contextual help Touchpoint
Step 1: Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoint Toolbox.
- Scroll to Currently enabled Touchpoint tools, select your tool and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the contextual help Touchpoint
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed the contextual help Touchpoint.
- Decide where on the page you want to add the contextual help Touchpoint.
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
Do NOT place this code in the
head section of your HTML. The code MUST be placed in the
Step 3: Create a help dialog link in your HTML code
To trigger your contextual help dialog, perform the following steps:
- Add a link via
<a>tags to your HTML code.
- Inside your
<a>tag, create a
classand assign the custom CSS selector you specified during configuration (by default
- For the
hrefattribute, specify the page on which you want your help dialog to open.
- Save your HTML changes.
Step 4: Test your contextual help Touchpoint
- Open your web page or application.
- The contextual help Touchpoint either looks like a regular link (as in the example below) or like a styled icon (often a question mark or "i" for information).
- Click the link to verify the contextual help Touchpoint loads the appropriate page.
Explore the customer insights Touchpoint.