This article outlines the steps to display your MindTouch Paths in your contextual help Touchpoints (i.e. the contextual help Touchpoint and the contextual help button Touchpoint)
Why should I display paths via contextual help?
Allow Paths to be displayed in your contextual help dialogs to extend the reach of your product documentation into all your web properties and guide your users to becoming product experts. Adding contextual help links or buttons to your web properties and applications allows you to use your MindTouch Paths to guarantee your users' success.
How to display paths in a contextual help window
Follow the steps below to showcase a path in a contextual help window:
Step 1: Create your path
Follow the instructions for creating a path.
Step 2: Find your path's URL
- Navigate to the Site tools > Dashboard > Path manager.
- Locate the path you want the contextual help dialog to display.
- Click the path's link (in the Title column).
- In the Edit path dialog, locate the path's URL.
Step 3: Create your contextual help Touchpoint
Follow the instructions to create and embed a contextual help link or a contextual help button.
- If you are creating a contextual help Touchpoint, enter the path's full URL into the Host field:
- If you are creating a contextual help button Touchpoint, enter only the path's path name into the Help button path:
Step 4: Verify your path displays via your contextual help Touchpoint
Click the Touchpoint link (or button) to verify the MindTouch Path displays.