This page applies to:MindTouch (current)
This article provides steps for embedding the search-in-place Touchpoint into your web properties or applications.
- Create a search-in-place Touchpoint
- Basic HTML skills
- Rights of authorship on the page on which you want to embed the search-in-place Touchpoint
How to embed the search-in-place Touchpoint
Step 1: Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoint Toolbox.
- Scroll to Currently enabled Touchpoint tools, select your tool and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the search-in-place Touchpoint
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed your search-in-place Touchpoint.
- Decide where on the page you would like to add the search-in-place Touchpoint.
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
Step 3: Test your search-in-place Touchpoint
- Open your web page or application.
- Type a search into the search bar.
- Verify the search-in-place Touchpoint returns the expected results and that search refinement works as expected (if applicable).
Explore the sign-in Touchpoint.