This article instructs how to upload your Touchpoint for Zendesk private app into the Zendesk environment.
- A complete Touchpoint for Zendesk private app
- Admin access to your Zendesk instance
- Basic understanding of Zendesk administration
How to upload your Touchpoint for Zendesk private app
Step 1: Upload your Touchpoint private app
We have designed the Touchpoint for Zendesk private app to be a very quick and light integration. However, we do recommend trying the integration first inside your Zendesk sandbox. If you have questions regarding your Zendesk sandbox, please talk to your Zendesk administrator.
On November 2016, Zendesk rebranded their product. Use the images on this page for reference only with the understanding that the overall look and feel have changed slightly. From a user experience standpoint, Zendesk functions very much the same way.
- Log into your Zendesk instance.
- (Optional) Open your Sandbox instance.
- Navigate to Admin Home > Apps Header > Manage > Upload private app.
- Give your app a name, upload the private app you previously generated and click Upload.
- Read and understand the Zendesk disclaimer and click Upload again.
- (Optional) In the Installation screen, enable role restrictions for the app (talk to your Zendesk administrator for direction if necessary).
- Click Install.
Step 2: Verify private app installation
You should see the private app listed under My Apps in your Zendesk installation.
Step 3: Verify the agent facing experience
- Navigate to Manage Header > Ticket Fields.
- Verify your two custom fields were added by the Touchpoint for Zendesk private app.
If you do not see the custom fields, try refreshing your browser. These fields are necessary for the app to function correctly.
- Open a current ticket.
- Click Apps in the top right corner to see your Touchpoint for Zendesk.
If you do not see your Touchpoint for Zendesk, check your app permissions to verify if haven't accidently blocked yourself from seeing it.
- If everything checks out, congratulations! This part is done!