This article describes how to create and configure the Touchpoint for Zendesk before uploading it into the Zendesk environment.
After creating your Touchpoints, don't forget to upload your private app into Zendesk!
- Admin access to your site's dashboard
- Touchpoints enabled on your site
- SSL (HTTPS) set up for your site
How to create your Touchpoint for Zendesk private app
Step 1: Create your Touchpoints
- Log in to your site.
- From the MindTouch toolbar, click Site tools.
- Select Dashboard.
- Navigate to Integrations > Touchpoint Management.
- Create the necessary Touchpoints. If you need a refresher on how to create them, review the following:
- Create and configure a sign-in Touchpoint
- Create and configure a customer insights Touchpoint
- Create and configure a search-in-place Touchpoint
You MUST include the following Zendesk hostname:
apps.zdusercontent.com for each of these Touchpoints! Failure to do so will result in not being able to select the Touchpoints for the Touchpoint for Zendesk private app.
It will help if you give your Zendesk-specific Touchpoints a common naming convention so it is easy to select them in the Zendesk package.
Step 2: Create and download your Touchpoint private app
In the "Select a touchpoint" dialog, select Touchpoint for Zendesk.
Select your Touchpoints to include in the Zendesk private app.
You will only be able to select the Touchpoints that have been given the Zendesk hostname
Click Download Private App. Your Zendesk private app will download as a .zip file ready for upload into Zendesk.