This document explains how to create the MindTouch Touchpoint for Salesforce Service Cloud.
How to set up your Touchpoint for Salesforce Service Cloud
Step 1: Install your Touchpoint package
- Install the MindTouch Touchpoint for Salesforce Service Cloud package. The package setup is similar to step 2. Select the users to grant access to and click Install to proceed.
- Install the Search/Link to Case tool: Follow the steps starting with Adding Touchpoint tools to your Service Cloud in our Service Cloud setup document. (You have already configured the previous steps.)
- On the Package Installation Details page, click Continue.
- In the Package Installer, on Step 1, review and approve the object permissions needed to use this integration and click Next.
- On Step 2, select the appropriate security setting and click Next.
- On Step 3, click Install to install the package.
- Upon successful installation, the Package Details page displays a message informing of the completed installation.
Step 2: Configure your MindTouch settings
Once you have successfully installed your Touchpoint, configure your settings:
- Click your name in the upper right.
- Select Setup.
- Under App Setup, select Develop > Custom Settings.
- In Custom Settings, select Manage next to MindTouch Settings.
- In MindTouch Settings, click New.
- In the MindTouch Settings Edit dialog, edit your settings.
|Location Case Search Field||The field to conduct the search on. Leave this at Subject||Subject
|Site Name||The name of your MindTouch site, this will be displayed at the top of the widget.||Success Center|
|MindTouch URL||The URL of your MindTouch site.||https://success.mindtouch.com|
|Publish Article Path||The parent page that all new articles will be published under.||/Private_Articles|
|Constraint||A set of search parameters to constrain how search results are populated.||+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles|
- Click Save.
- Once you have successfully saved the settings, you will be redirected to the MindTouch Settings Detail screen.
Step 3: Configure search constraints
The search constraint parameter defaults to the following, which ensures that only MindTouch articles are returned (omits templates and file attachments):
If you'd like to further omit a specific section of your site, you could use the following; this example additionally omits search results for content under the section
+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles
Step 4: Add your site to approved remote sites
In order to take full advantage of your Touchpoint integration, you need to add your MindTouch site as an approved site in Salesforce. If you skip this step, you can still use the Touchpoint search tool, but you cannot relate articles to cases.
- In theSetup screen, on the left sidebar and under Administration Setup, select Security Controls, then select Remote Site Settings.
- In the All Remote Sites screen click on the New Remote Site button.
- Fill out the fields with the corresponding values:
|Remote Site Name||Name of your MindTouch Site (no spaces)|
|Remote Site URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch Site.|
|MindTouch URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch site.|
|Disable Protocol Security||Disable site protocol security. (This may have security implications if value is disabled). Leave Unchecked|
|Description||Description of the Remote Site (optional)|
|Active||Is the remote site connection Active|
- Click Save.
Step 4: Add customer insights tool to your Service Cloud
In Salesforce, edit the Case Layout and click Custom Console Components. On the sidebar, include the VisualForce page for MindTouch Insights as a tab.
Select the Customer Activity ID field for cases
The Touchpoint insights tool works by pulling in history for a specific customer. This is driven by a Customer Activity ID, which can be:
- A user activity token (requires a case submission form inside MindTouch to pass this token)
- MindTouch Username (often an email address of the customer, usually part of single sign-on integration)
The field used is set in the Custom Settings object:
Use MindTouch Usernames
If you are using a MindTouch Username as the Customer Activity ID field, set the API name for that field in the settings above.
- Use the FieldName if it's a Case Standard Field
- Use the API Name if it's a customer field
If you utilize Salesforce as your Identity Provider (IdP) for single sign-on (SSO), you will need to create a custom Salesforce field to derive the Salesforce persistent ID.
Verify the Insights tool appears in the sidebar for a case, populated with the customer history.
Step 5: Add a related articles list to your case page
- Go to Setup.
- Under App Setup, select Customize, Cases, then page layouts.
- In the Case Page Layout screen, select Edit next to Case Feed Layout.
- You will then be taken to the Case Layout Editor. In the Case Layout Editor tools in the upper portion of the screen, select Related Lists, then Click on MindTouch Related Articles.
- Click, then drag the MindTouch Related Articles list to any place on the case layout below, preferably under Related List. Then click on the wrench icon to edit the properties.
- When the Related List Properties of the MindTouch Related Articles list shows up, select the fields you want to display in the Related Articles list. Once you are satisfied with the fields, click OK.
- Click on Save in the Case Layout Editor tools, then head to the Cases in your Service Cloud console and verify the MindTouch Related Articles list.
Step 6: Add search to your Service Cloud
To add the search tool to the right sidebar, perform the following:
- Go to Setup.
- In the left side window, under App Setup, select Customize, Cases then page layouts.
- In the Case Page layout screen, select Edit next to Case Feed Layout under Case Page Layouts.
- You will then be redirected to the Case layout view, where you can modify the layout of a case. In the top of the page, select Custom Console Components.
- Once in the Custom console Components screen, we will add the MindTouch Touchpoint tool as a Subtab component in the right sidebar. To do this under Subtab Components, in the Right Sidebar, set the following options:
|Component||MindTouch_Search (to do this click on the magnifying glass icon and select it from the list).|
|Label||Don't add a label as there is already a label (Site Name) for the actual integration|
- Click Save.
- Click Save again to save your console component page.
- Go to your Service Cloud console.
- Select a case and validate that MindTouch Touchpoint appear in the right sidebar:
Step 7: Adding a global search integration to Service Cloud
After successfully installing the package and configuring the MindTouch settings, you can add a global integration to your Service Cloud:
Add a global integration
- Go to Setup.
- In the left sidebar under App Setup, select Create.
- Click Apps.
- In the Apps screen, locate your Salesforce Service Cloud console name (titled "sample console" in the screenshot below) and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Choose Console Components section and add MindTouch_Search to the selected items list.
- Click Save.
Verify the global integration
- Navigate to your case console.
- In any portion of the case console, you should see the MindTouch integration at the bottom.
Common installation errors include:
- No Customer Activity ID for the current case. Ensure the customer activity field is visible on the case and configured in settings. The value of this field should show activity for the customer when viewing customer history on your MindTouch site.
- User does not have permission to view history. Contact MindTouch Support and ensure the users/groups in question have access to view customer history.