This article outlines the steps for converting your legacy F1 contextual help to a contextual help Touchpoint.
Why do I need to convert my legacy F1 contextual help?
Converting your legacy F1 to a contextual help tool is a quick and seamless experience. You will essentially be swapping a small bit of old code and replacing it with the contextual help tool. Migration to our contextual help tool affords you the following:
- Faster-loading interface allowing for an even better user experience.
- The new contextual help Touchpoint supports anchor links, allowing you to drop users to a specific part of a page.
- Easily create and control Touchpoints from your MindTouch site.
- Support for the legacy F1 experience is deprecated. This means there will be no development on the legacy experience.
- Easier branding and customization with the contextual help Touchpoint.
How do I convert to the new contextual help Touchpoint?
To replace your old F1 experience, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a contextual help Touchpoint
Step 2: Find your F1 file
You'll need to find where the F1 file is stored. Typically MindTouch customers will embed them in the header of their websites. You may need to contact your IT team if you do not have access to the website. The embed you're looking for is:
Replace the old
f1.js file with the copied embed code (from Step 1).
Step 4: Enjoy your new contextual help Touchpoint
That is it. You now have the new and improved contextual help experience on your site. Any links you created will automatically use the newest embed option!