The Touchpoint for Salesforce integration requires SSL certification. Learn how to add SSL certification to your MindTouch site.
Why integrate a Touchpoint for Salesforce?
Integrating a Touchpoint for Salesforce impacts the following:
- Time to resolution. Reduce the time to resolution for customers questions.
- Publishing pipeling. Reinforce and support the KCS methodology.
- Knowledge management. Improve the accessibility to MindTouch content across your organization which will help close cases, leads, and help improve the success of your customers.
Install your Touchpoint for Salesforce
Follow our installation documentation to install your Touchpoint for Salesforce.
Search from a Service Cloud case
When you load a case for the first time, you'll see the MindTouch search interface on the right-hand side of the screen as below:
Site name and search field
The top part of the search interface contains the site name and the search field:
The site name is configured during installation but can be changed at any time in the Custom Settings (App Setup > Develop > Custom Settings) in Salesforce. The search field is configured to search MindTouch automatically as you type, but by default uses the text from the case subject field. You can specify a different field to use as the default search by changing the value for Case Search Field in Custom Settings in Salesforce.
On load, 10 search results are displayed for the case subject text. Articles display a one line summary that can be clicked to view the full summary of an article.
From the Refine search drop-down menu below the search field, you can facet search results based on your hierarchical structure within MindTouch:
If a search returns more than 10 results, you will see a Show more button at the end of the search results list:
A Back to top bar will get you back to the the top of the screen.
Link articles to a case
Once you find an article you want to share with your customer, you can link it to the case (click the Link to case button). The article will appear in the MindTouch Related Article section of the case:
The Link to case button will change to Unlink, but won't be immediately visible in the MindTouch Related Articles section. In order to see it there, you need to refresh the case view.
Unlink articles from a case
There are two ways to unlink an article from a case. You can click the Unlink button in the search interface or you can click Del under the Action column of the MindTouch Related Article section. Both will remove the article from the case.
Share articles with customers
Once you have linked the article(s) you want to share with your customer, easily share them through the Send an Email action in Salesforce:
- Select Send an Email to bring up the Edit Email dialog.
- Click Select Template.
- In the pop-up window, click the Folder drop-down menu and select MindTouch Email Templates.
- Choose one of two options:
- MindTouch Related Articles HTML Format. Provides a formatted email template that lists the articles that were linked to the case. This template CANNOT be edited by the agent.
- MindTouch Related Articles Plain Text Format. Provides a plain text-formatted email template that lists the articles that were linked to the case. This template CAN be edited by the agent.
You can copy these email templates and modify them to add additional text/formatting to make them easier for your agents to use.
- Once you have finished drafting the email, click Send and the customer will receive an email with links to the articles that you linked to the case.
Create new articles in MindTouch from Salesforce
The Salesforce integration allows your agents to create new articles from case content so that you can build up your repository of solve/evolve documentation. Read more about how to create new articles from Salesforce cases.
Search MindTouch anywhere in Service Cloud
MindTouch searching is available anywhere within Salesforce through the global search interface:
The global search interface does not have a default search query but still searches as you type and allows you to facet. Since this is a global search experience, articles cannot be linked link to a case. You can still share articles by copying and pasting links into the target window or sharing information over the phone. The global search interface is especially beneficial for Chat operators, Sales Engineers, and Sales reps.
View customer insights in Service Cloud
Customer insights lets support agents see a full history of a customer's searches and page view activity:
This overview makes it easy to understand the customer's attempts to self-serve before they submitted a case. Additionally, agents can avoid sending articles to customers that they've already seen, and check whether customers have visited articles that have been sent.
MindTouch KCS reporting in Salesforce
In MindTouch you can create KCS reports that can be used to track various metrics in the KCS workflow, ensuring knowledge is being delivered to customers and identifying gaps where it is not. All data for related article usage is stored inside Salesforce custom objects and are available to reports and dashboards using the built-in workflow.
The Salesforce integration ships with built-in reports that can be customized by the Salesforce administrator and added to a dashboard. Typical queries include:
- Number of related articles for each case
- Most popular articles being used by agents
- Number of articles each agent has used
Depending on your workflow, reports may be modified to segment by case source, product classification, or include data from other Salesforce objects.