MindTouch comes with a list of default page templates. Templates can only be created and edited by administrators, authors and editors.
How to create a template
Step 1: Create your template
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Dashboard.
- Under Content management, click Template directory.
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select New.
For ease of template management, we recommend creating a blank template named
Template:<Your Company Name> under which to create your template groups and templates. In the above list, for example, the pages
Views are blank templates that help organize our templates.
Step 2: Name your template
- Give your page template a name.
- Add your template content (i.e. formatted headers, text, author instructions, etc.) and click Save.
Do not make changes to any of the templates in the
/Template:MindTouch hierarchy. MindTouch templates are overwritten weekly and any changes made to templates in that hierarchy are unsupported and may break your site.
Step 3: Call to your newly created Template within the Site
- Navigate to the desired page where you will call to your template.
- Open a red DekiScript block on the page where you would like the contents of the template to appear and call to the template using DekiScript: