Create new pages in your MindTouch site using our default page templates. You can also create your own custom page templates.
Choose your new page template
- On the MindTouch toolbar, click New.
- Select one of the following page default templates or choose one of your own templates:
The Add new page dialog presents only the page templates appropriate to the current position in the hierarchy.
- Depending on whether you want to create the page live or as a draft, select either the Create live or Create draft radio button. (You will be able to publish the draft to your live site later.)
- Click Create.
Add content to your new page
- Title your page.
- Replace any instructional text with your content.
Both the DekiScript code at the top of the page, and any references to article type tags (such as the line "Tags recommended by the template…") determine how the page behaves. If you see these lines on newly created pages, do not remove them.
Configure new page settings
- Expand Page Settings (above your new title).
- Hover over the Add page summary field to display the page summary icon.
- Click the icon and enter a page summary.
- Click Add page thumbnail to add the display icon for your category.
- Choose whether to display your category as Simple or Detailed (decide which option is better for you).
- Make sure that Article type is set to Category.
- If you have not yet set up any custom classifications, set a Stage value to help you later identify articles in certain stages of your workflow.
- Apply appropriate Tags to your article. Press Enter after entering each tag.
Tags determine which articles MindTouch recommends at the bottom of your page, so keep tags consistent. The more tags related articles have in common, the more likely they will be recommended together.
Publish your draft
If you created your page in draft mode and are ready to publish the page to your live site, click Publish.