Maybe you have grown your content in your sandbox and are now ready to move content to your permanent site. Or maybe you want to move content from one MindTouch instance to another. MindTouch makes moving your content over easy by allowing you to export and import content as an MTARC file.
Exporting and importing pages via an MTARC file is intended for page files that are 50 MB or less. If you plan on moving content larger than 50 MB, contact MindTouch Support.
Export existing MindTouch content
- To export content, click Options > Export.
- If applicable, check the Export all children of this page as well checkbox to export the current page (or category or guide) along with its subpages.
- Click Download exported file to download the MTARC file onto your computer.
Import existing MindTouch content
- Once you have exported the MTARC file, go to the page in MindTouch under which you want to import the content and click Options > Import here.
- Click Choose File, find your downloaded MTARC file, and import as prompted.
Exported pages: Links will export in the same format that they appear in your content source code. Most links within your MindTouch site are set as relative links while links to pages outside your MindTouch site are full path URLs. The links will be viewable as part of the source code and are not clickable hyperlinks until content is imported back into a MindTouch site.
Imported pages: All links that reference pages within the imported content will automatically update to reflect the current path where the content is imported. Any links that reference pages outside of the imported content will continue to point to the specified location.