In MindTouch, administrators and content managers can easily implement a translation workflow with the help of a custom classifications. Once a translation workflow is in place and contributors are used to working with the translation tags, content managers can create, export and share status lists to communicate and manage translation tasks. The first step in creating a translation workflow is to create a custom classification.
How to create your custom classification
- On the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
- In the control panel, navigate to Systems Settings > Classifications.
- Add a custom classification that clearly identifies the translation status of your pages, e.g. Translation Status.
- Check the Recursive checkbox if you want to apply the classification to all subpages.
- Create your translation tags in the newly created classification. We decided on the following labels, but use whichever labels are most meaningful to you and your team:
Now that you have created your custom translation classification, learn how to activate the export button in the page classification manager to help identify and inform your workflow.