KCS v6 methodology outlines eight Practices with specific techniques. See how MindTouch functionality can support KCS methodology.
Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS®), formerly called Knowledge-Centered Support, is a methodology that integrates knowledge creation and maintenance into your operational processes.
Article type: Reference
- KCS Practice 1: CaptureCapture knowledge in the moment, capture the requester's context, searching is creating.
- KCS Practice 2: StructureUse a simple template, use complete thoughts instead of complete sentences.
- KCS Practice 3: ReuseSearch early search often, seek to understand what we collectively know, linking.
- KCS Practice 4: ImproveReuse is review, Flag it or fix it, license to modify.
- KCS Practice 5: Content HealthKCS article structure and content standards, evolve loop articles, archiving, legacy data, prime the knowledge base with new information, global support, knowledge domain analysis, self-service measures.
- KCS Practice 6: Process IntegrationStructured problem solving, seamless technology integration, search technology for KCS, closed loop feedback for the whole system, KCS process integration indicators.
- KCS Practice 7: Performance AssessmentKCS roles and licensing models, coaching for success, assessing the creation of value.
- KCS Practice 8: Leadership and CommunicationVision and strategic framework, KCS ROI, teamwork, motivation, recognition, communication, leadership accountability.