Why should I encourage users to leave feedback?
Your MindTouch site should constantly be evolving, like a living, breathing document. The best way to encourage change is by eliciting and distributing feedback. Feedback will help you:
- Ensure the intent of the documentation is realized
- Prevents documentation from becoming stale
- Identify gaps in the documentation
- Highlight areas that need to be curated
- Gives your customers a voice
Types of feedback
- Editorial comments - Comments left for authors by other authors to provide feedback on articles.
- Article quality feedback - Comments left by community or pro member users to provide feedback on the usefulness of articles.
- Social discussion - Allows users to engage with other users and build a community of learning and discovery while providing inspiration and motivation to improve content.
- Add feedback to custom articles
- If you have created custom articles types and want to provide your MindTouch users with the opportunity to leave feedback about your articles, follow the steps in this article.
- Article quality feedback
- MindTouch article quality and feedback options
- Incorporate customer feedback into your content workflow
- The most powerful and useful content feedback comes from your end users. Whether it's from your customer, partners, sales reps or support agents, it is crucial to act on your customer feedback.
- Set up article ratings and feedback
- This article outlines the importance of enabling users to rate your pages and leave feedback.
- Social discussion
- This best practice article addresses the importance of soliciting feedback from your users.