There is no single best way to implement the methodology, as long as the KCS principles and core concepts are adopted.
The Solve Loop
- Practice 1: Capture - Capture knowledge in the moment, capture the requester's context, searching is creating.
- Practice 2: Structure - Use a simple template, use complete thoughts instead of complete sentences.
- Practice 3: Reuse - Search early search often, seek to understand what we collectively know, linking.
- Practice 4: Improve - Reuse is review, Flag it or fix it, license to modify.
The Evolve Loop
- Practice 5: Content Health - KCS article structure and content standards, evolve loop articles, content lifecycle, self-service measures.
- Practice 6: Process Integration - Problem solving, technology, feedback, KCS process integration indicators.
- Practice 7: Performance Assessment - KCS roles and licensing models, coaching for success, assessing the creation of value.
- Practice 8: Leadership and Communication - Vision, strategic framework, KCS benefits and ROI, teamwork and motivation, accountability, indicators.
Implement KCS with MindTouch
To learn more about how MindTouch enables KCS, contact our MindTouch product experts.Ask us about KCS!
- How MindTouch capabilities enable KCS Practices
- KCS v6 methodology outlines 8 Practices with specific techniques. See how MindTouch functionality can support KCS methodology.
- Pages: 8
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.