This article provides an overview of the contextual help Touchpoint.
What is the contextual help Touchpoint?
The contextual help Touchpoint is an easily embedded integration that allows you to add a contextual help link in your web properties and applications so that your users can access your authoritative MindTouch product documentation or help content anywhere, anytime.
Example use case
Your customer has visited your e-commerce site and has found a great product to buy. The customer is ready to place the order but then notices the information icon next to the product in the shopping cart. Your customer clicks the icon and reads up on the add-on options that extend the product's features and value. The buyer decides to add one of the suggested items to the shopping cart because it would greatly enhance the product's functionality or lifespan. By embedding a product contextual help icon you were able to upsell by simply addressing an additional need for your customer right from within your shopping cart.
How users experience the contextual help Touchpoint
- Users on your site or in your product have a specific question about a functionality, see a contextual help link, and click it:
The contextual help link may look like an ordinary link but is often styled as a question mark "?" or the letter "i."
- An interactive pop-up window displays the page you designated during setup.
- Users can further navigate content on your site:
- Back. Displays the page previously viewed in the contextual help dialog.
- Forward. Displays the next page viewed in the contextual help dialog.
- Home. Takes users to the home page of your MindTouch site.
- Open article. Opens the current article inside your MindTouch site in a new tab or window.
- The search bar allows users to search your MindTouch site for additional content.
Learn how to create, configure, and embed Touchpoints in your web properties and applications.