This article explains how to bring data from MindTouch into your existing analytics platform. By integrating MindTouch tools with your existing analytics platform, managers can identify and measure key metrics that benefit the organization. Examples include:
- Agent efficiency: Measure mean-time-to-resolution on cases with and without linked articles. Identify which agents are using the most/least related articles.
- Gaps in content: Identify which cases were closed without being able to reference a relevant article.
- Quality metrics: See which content is closing the most cases.
- Product and service-based trends: See which articles are most useful on a per-product basis.
- Regional and persona-based trends: See which content helps based on region or persona type.
Sample reports may appear like this:
How to integrate MindTouch data into your analytics platform
Step 1: Integrate MindTouch tools
First, set up the generic integration with MindTouch, specifically:
The code above has placeholders that explain how to integrate with an existing CRM/CEM object. In summary:
- Linking to case: Create an object to represent the MindTouch article, and associate this with the native case in the CRM/CEM. You can include information from the MindTouch article such as the URL, Title, and Author.
- Publishing to MindTouch: When a new article is published, link it automatically to the current case using the system above.
Step 2: Run reports within the CRM/CEM
The existing platform should have functionality to run reports based on native objects. Sample reports include:
- Articles with the most/least linked cases
- Cases resolved without an article
- Agents with the most/least linked cases
- Average time to resolve cases with linked articles vs. those without
- Percentage of cases with linked articles by region, persona or product