This guide explains how to integrate MindTouch Touchpoints for Salesforce.
How to install Touchpoints for Salesforce
To install the Touchpoints for Salesforce, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Install the Touchpoint base package (required)
The base package is a requirement for each integration.
- As a Salesforce administrator, install MindTouch Touchpoint for Salesforce (1.10).
- Select the users to grant access to and click Install to proceed. Depending on your environment, Salesforce may send an email after the package has been installed.
Step 2: Configure the Touchpoint base package (required)
After installing the Touchpoint base package, configure your settings:
- Click on your username and select Setup.
- In the Setup screen, in the App Setup side bar, navigate to Develop > Custom Settings.
- In the Custom Settings list, select Manage in the Action column.
- In MindTouch Settings, click New at the top.
- In the MindTouch Settings Edit dialog, configure the fields as follows:
|Customer Activity ID Field||Field used to look up user activity on MindTouch.||MindTouchUserName|
|Case Search Field||The field to conduct the search on. Leave as Subject.||Subject|
|Publish Article Path||The parent page that all new articles will be published under.||/Private_Articles|
|Search Constraint||A set of search parameters to constrain how search results are populated.||+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles|
|Site Name||The name of your MindTouch site to be displayed at the top of the widget.||Success Center|
|MindTouch URL||The URL of your MindTouch site.||https://success.mindtouch.com|
- Click Save.
Step 3: Configure the search constraint (optional)
This default search constraint parameter ensures that only MindTouch articles are returned (omits templates and file attachments):
If you'd like to further omit a specific section of your site, use the following (omits search results for content under the section "/Private_Articles"):
+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles
Step 4: Add your site to approved remote sites (required)
In order to take full advantage of your Touchpoint, add your MindTouch site as an approved site in Salesforce. If you skip this step, you can still use the Touchpoint, but you cannot relate articles to cases.
- In theSetup screen, in the Administration Setup side bar, select Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
- In the All Remote Sites screen, click New Remote Site.
- Configure the fields as follows:
|Remote Site Name||Name of your MindTouch site (no spaces).|
|Remote Site URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch site.|
|Disable Protocol Security||Disable site protocol security. (This may have security implications if value is disabled). Leave Unchecked.|
|Description||Description of the remote site (optional).|
|Active||Is the remote site connection active.|
- Click Save.
Step 5: Set up reports (if applicable)
Follow the steps in the article outlining how to create reports in Salesforce to set up your reports.
Currently, reports are supported for the following objects:
- The Case object, using the MindTouch Related Article custom object.
- The Opportunity object, using the MindTouch Related Article (Opp) custom object.
Every time a MindTouch article is linked to a case or opportunity, a new custom object is created that can be reported on.