Edit tables via the editor's table properties dialog and decide whether to use header rows or header columns, change table widths and border sizes, add stylesheet CSS and make your table responsive.
Access table properties
- Right-click the section of the table you want to edit to open the context menu.
- Select Table properties.
Change the appearance of your table
Edit Table Properties as necessary:
- Headings: Add bolded styling to your text in the first row and/or first column of your table.
You must assign a heading, or the table will not transform to a responsive layout on smaller screens.
- Border size: Adjust the border size by pixels.
- Cell padding: Adjust the cell padding.
- StyleSheet Classes: Apply custom style sheets to change your table's appearance.
- Caption: Enter a caption for the table. Captions provide accessibility to users with disabilities.
- Summary: Enter a summary of the table. Summaries provide pertinent information to users with disabilities who cannot easily consume the information in a table.
- Make table responsive: Checked by default, this option allows tables to display reader-friendly at smaller screen sizes.
MindTouch automatically creates responsive tables. If the responsive option is unchecked in the Table properties dialog, changing the width of a cell voids the responsiveness of your table!