Distribute content consistently across self-service and assisted channels for the best customer experience. As much as possible, be precise while matching your user's vocabulary, avoiding jargon, and choosing alternatives for obscure language.
Self-service style guide principles
- Prioritize user needs over style rules
- Use the simplest phrasing possible
- Be authoritative and friendly
- Style Guide Examples
- A style guide contains standards for grammar, punctuation, word choice, tone, and more.
- User-focused effective content
- Content that performs best is optimized for users instead of SEO tactics.
- Words and phrases to avoid
- Avoid words with subjective, relative, or ambiguous meaning within instructional content.
Feedback philosophy: Peer and user input is essential for effective content. As content contributors, we are always open to feedback on any aspect of our content. The only output that matters is what is best for users.