Self-service content plays a role in every stage of the customer journey for both consumer and business users. Distribute content consistently across self-service and assisted channels for the best customer experience.
Feedback philosophy: Peer and user input is essential for effective content. As authors, we are always open to feedback on any aspect of our content. As feedback givers, we hold no expectation for how our feedback is incorporated. The only output that matters is what is best for users.
Customer self-service style guidelines
- Prioritize user needs over style rules
- Use the simplest phrasing possible
- Tone and voice should be authoritative but friendly
- Customer self-service
- Create a low-effort experience for customers to get the help they need at at any time.
- Style Guide Examples
- A style guide contains standards for grammar, punctuation, word choice, tone, and more.
- User-focused effective content
- Content that performs best is optimized for users instead of SEO tactics.