There is no single best way to implement the methodology, as long as the KCS principles and core concepts are adopted.
The Solve Loop
- Practice 1: Capture - Capture knowledge in the moment, capture the requester's context, searching is creating.
- Practice 2: Structure - Use a simple template, use complete thoughts instead of complete sentences.
- Practice 3: Reuse - Search early search often, seek to understand what we collectively know, linking.
- Practice 4: Improve - Reuse is review, Flag it or fix it, license to modify.
The Evolve Loop
- Practice 5: Content Health - KCS article structure and content standards, evolve loop articles, content lifecycle, self-service measures.
- Practice 6: Process Integration - Problem solving, technology, feedback, KCS process integration indicators.
- Practice 7: Performance Assessment - KCS roles and licensing models, coaching for success, assessing the creation of value.
- Practice 8: Leadership and Communication - Vision, strategic framework, KCS benefits and ROI, teamwork and motivation, accountability, indicators.
Implement KCS with MindTouch
To learn more about how MindTouch enables KCS, contact our MindTouch product experts.
- How MindTouch capabilities enable KCS Practices
- KCS v6 methodology outlines 8 Practices with specific techniques. See how MindTouch functionality can support KCS methodology.
- Pages: 8
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.