Knowledge Centered Service (KCS®), previously called Knowledge Centered Support, is a practice that integrates knowledge capture and improvement into existing customer interactions.
KCS Training by MindTouch is best for:
- Knowledge Management professionals
- Program managers and project managers for KCS adoption
- KCS program Council, Coaches, or Publishers
- Supervisors or Managers
MindTouch Trainers are certified by the KCS Academy, the only authorized certifying body for KCS.
To request KCS training, contact the MindTouch Training Team.
- KCS Essentials (2 hours) - high-level introduction tailored to your needs.
- KCS Overview (1 day) - interactive introduction for anyone interested in learning the basics of KCS.
- KCS v6 Practices (1.5, 2, or 2.5 day) - thorough, instructor-led workshop for a deeper understanding of KCS Principles, Concepts, and Techniques.
- KCS v6 Practices Certification (90 minutes) - proctored exam comprised of 62 multiple-choice questions.
- KCS Leadership (2 day) - thorough, instructor-led workshop for program leaders who wants to optimize and sustain KCS benefits.
- KCS Design Session (3 day) - collaborative workshop with your KCS Adoption Team to develop key launch deliverables (Strategic Framework, Content Standard, Workflow or Process Map, Performance Assessment Model, Communications Plan, Technology Functional Specifications, Adoption Plan, and Road Map).
KCS Training Takeaways
- KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for ensuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (Solve Loop) and value-added (Evolve Loop) content
- How to manage KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.