Maintained by the Consortium for Service Innovation, KCS methodology began in 1992 and updated to KCS v6 in 2016, which is also when the name changed from Knowledge-Centered Support to Knowledge-Centered Service.
Capture knowledge that is generated during customer interactions to share in a central repository (often a knowledge base) for access by internal users, customers, or both. Then by reusing and optimizing the shared knowledge, you gain value in operational efficiency, self-service success, and organizational improvement.
- Integrate the reuse, improvement, and creation of knowledge into the problem solving process.
- Evolve content based on demand and usage.
- Develop a knowledge base of collective experience to date.
- Reward learning, collaboration, sharing, and improving.
Implement KCS with solutions powered by MindTouch
To learn more about how MindTouch enables KCS, contact our MindTouch product experts.
KCS Principles and Core Concepts
KCS adoption enables knowledge to become demand-driven and self-correcting by the people who use it every day.
- Create Value
- Demand Driven
- Transformation and Continuous Improvement
- Buy-In At All Levels
- Leadership is Required
- Collective Experience
- Collective Ownership
- Seek to Understand Before Seeking to Solve
- Sufficient to Solve
- Knowledge Integration
- Coaching for Success
- Assess Value
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.