Knowledge-Centered Service was previously called Knowledge-Centered Support.
Capture knowledge that is generated during customer interactions to share in a central repository (often a knowledge base) for access by internal users, customers, or both. Then by reusing and optimizing the shared knowledge, you gain value in operational efficiency, self-service success, and organizational improvement.
Implement KCS with solutions powered by MindTouch
To learn more about how MindTouch enables KCS, contact our MindTouch product experts.
KCS Principles and Core Concepts
Maintained by the Consortium for Service Innovation, the methodology began in 1992 and updated to KCS v6 in 2016, which is also when the name changed from Knowledge Centered Support to Knowledge Centered Service.
The outcome of KCS adoption is that knowledge becomes demand-driven and self-correcting by the people who use it every day:
- Integrate the reuse, improvement, and creation of knowledge into the problem solving process.
- Evolve content based on demand and usage.
- Develop a knowledge base of collective experience to date.
- Reward learning, collaboration, sharing, and improving.
- Create Value
- Demand Driven
- Transformation and Continuous Improvement
- Buy-In At All Levels
- Leadership is Required
- Collective Experience
- Collective Ownership
- Seek to Understand Before Seeking to Solve
- Sufficient to Solve
- Knowledge Integration
- Coaching for Success
- Assess Value
The main benefits are gained in Operational Efficiency, Self-Service Success, and Organization Learning and Improvement.
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.