MindTouch makes it easy for search engine crawlers to find content on a MindTouch site. Each MindTouch site includes an XML Sitemap that links to all public facing content. Top level navigation and breadcrumb navigation provide options access all public pages. Thirdly, we use structured data to show where pages are in the hierarchy in relation to other content to create connections that helps crawlers understand the context and intent of the site.
Google ranking factors
- HTTPS - MindTouch requires HTTPS connections.
- Site Speed - The MindTouch Success Center (an primarily out-of-box site experience with light branding) has a speed score of 84 on mobile (site loads in 2-3 seconds) and 100 on desktop (site loads in less than 1 second).
- Title Tags - Title tags are automatically generated for all MindTouch pages based off of the Page Title.
- Mobile Friendly - MindTouch is fully responsive and optimized for mobile by default.
- User Intent - MindTouch structured data passes meta information about articles to external search engines.
Optimize page titles
A human-readable title reads naturally and allows a reader to immediately grasp the nature of the content. Consider what a user who is unfamiliar with your product and any associated jargon might search for and construct titles accordingly.
Unique and specific
An effective title distinguishes itself from other content and clearly indicates what information will be contained on the page.
Use page summaries
Page summaries provide a quick overview of what is covered in a specific article. The summary is displayed in the MindTouch user interface—specifically in guides and search results.
When creating a page summary, consider adding verbiage that covers the main point of your article and includes words that your users would typically search for to find the article in question. Doing so ensures your users will find exactly what they are looking for when searching.