Recommend Articles for Specific Search Queries
- Applies to:
- All MindTouch Versions
- Role required:
Boost pages to be featured as the first search result based on specific search terms.
Recommended searches will show up to two at a time for any specified search query. If more than two search recommendations are set for the same query then the two recommended results are chosen at random.
Create a Search Recommendation
- Navigate to Site tools > Control Panel > Systems Settings > Search.
- Click Add a New Term.
- In the Search Terms text field, enter a search word or phrase to trigger the recommended result.
- Enter the Page Location.
- In the Result Title field, enter a title for the search results if you want it to be different than the page title.
- Click Save Changes.
Now when someone searches for that search term it will appear at the top of the search results with (Recommended) next to it.
Recommended search results will still appear even if the search query is filtered in a way that would have excluded the result
Update a Search Recommendation
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Find the search recommendation to update.
- Click Edit in the right column.
Search Recommendations do not have a Revision History. Changes are final and cannot be reverted.