The MindTouch search algorithm is optimized using natural language processing techniques to surface the most relevant results.
- Find results with misspelled or partial word searches
- Search results update as you type and as you choose filters
- User search activity is captured and presented through the Search Insights report, which now includes user sentiment that highlights negative search queries to help you target areas for improvement
MindTouch search permissions: MindTouch search only returns pages or files in search results that the user has permission to view.
MindTouch search indexing: Content published in MindTouch is instantly accessible via search without any additional steps.
Search result elements
- Filter Results (left column) - see Filter Configuration Options
- Include attachments (toggle)
- Search field
- Search breadcrumbs
- Number of search results
- Search results list
- Page Title hyperlinked to page
- Page URL
- Page Summary
- First 200 characters of the Page Summary or if there is no Page Summary then an algorithm generates the most relevant summary from the page content
- Show More Results
Search queries are processed to return results that are closest to the original query at the top of the results while allowing for less relevant results to return when closer matches are not found. The algorithms that power MindTouch Intelligent Search will continue to evolve for ongoing optimization.
MindTouch Intelligent search may include any page content when ranking search results for relevance:
Influence search results
There is not a way to influence the weight of individual ranking factors. You can set up search recommendations for specific queries to display specific pages at the top of search results.
Changes from previous search experience
- Removed Category and Guide filter carousel
- Moved Category and Guide filters to new left filter menu, which also now shows Classification filter options by default
- Enabled multi-select ability to Classification filters
- Removed page rating from search results list
- New - Displays search result count
- New - Display search results count per filter
- New - Allows user to include or exclude attachments from search results (excluded by default)
- New - Search results include conditional content by user type and group