Verify your site with Google Search Console
For Google to verify your site, your homepage must be public, and your site cannot be private.
- Go to Google Search Console to register.
- Select the URL prefix option, enter your MindTouch site URL, and click Continue.
- In the Verify ownership window, select the HTML tag option.
- Copy the HTML meta tag provided by Google.
- Add the meta tag to the <head> section of your MindTouch site:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Branding > Custom HTML.
- Add the HTML meta tag provided by Google in Page HTML Head.
- Click Save.
- Return to Google Search Console to complete verification of your site.
MindTouch already uses structured data for breadcrumbs as part of Technical SEO automatically handled by MindTouch. Google added a new Breadcrumbs report to Search Console in September 2019.
The new Breadcrumbs report is showing a Missing field "itemListElement" error for some MindTouch sites. This error may impact how breadcrumbs appear within Google search rich results.
MindTouch Engineering is currently investigating to resolve the issue.