A logical site structure ensures that pages are organized into an intuitive hierarchy and navigation experience that is best for users.
Determine if Guided Content Framework is enabled
- Guided Content Framework is enabled on all current MindTouch version sites created or upgraded after November 2017 and some older sites.
- Sites that show Export or Import here under Options in the MindTouch toolbar do not have Guided Content Framework enabled.
Contact your Customer Success Manager for questions around Guided Content Framework or to get the feature enabled for your site.
How Guided Content Framework works
An intelligent site structure powers many of the capabilities that create an optimal user experience in MindTouch. Guided Content Framework protects the intelligent site structure by making it easier for site contributors to create new pages that align with the best structure. When enabled, the Add new page dialog will only show Article Type options that are best for that location in your hierarchy. Additional controls help maintain structure when using options to Move or Copy pages.
- Category - Highest level of content organization, for example, product lines or versions, languages, or personas.
- Guide - Subsection of a category. It is the primary place for organizing content in a product line, for example.
- Topic - Subcategory of a guide, similar to a chapter of a book, that deals with a more defined theme.
- Reference - Explains associated functions/definitions that relate to a feature or topic.
- How-to - Frequently contains step-by-step instructions that lead to a clear end goal or objective.
Common structure examples
► Category (e.g. language/persona/product suite/version)
You may add How-To and Reference pages directly beneath guides. It is not required to add Topics beneath a guide. As your content grows, you likely will end up adding Topic pages to group your articles within Guides.
It is possible to nest multiple categories if, for example, you needed to organize your content by language or persona, then product suite, and then version.
► Category (language/persona)
► Category (product suite)
► Category (version)
Add multiple topics at the Guide level.