Restrict the public from viewing or accessing private sections with sensitive information on your MindTouch site.
What you need to have in place
How to grant access to your private section
Let's say you have created a "Compliance" section for storing sensitive information and only want certain employees in your Compliance department to be able to view or access the content. Follow the steps below to restrict access to the section:
- Navigate to the section you want to restrict access to.
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Options > Restrict access.
- Verify the Private radio button under Page restrictions is selected.
- In the User or group text field, start typing the group's name. Once the field populates the group's name, select it and click Add to list.
- Click Apply restriction settings to subpages and choose the appropriate option.
- Click Save permission settings.
New subpages automatically inherit the restrictions of their parent pages. You will NOT need to individually set restrictions for every new article you create under a restricted page.
Learn how to create conditional content on a page only specified users can see.