Skip to main content
Localization and Translation
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Localization versus Translation
- Localization is conversion of sections of the MindTouch user interface into other languages.
- Language packs are available for purchase.
- A MindTouch site can have one language per site; adding on an additional language pack requires a new site license.
- Translation is conversion of the content of your MindTouch pages into other languages.
- Export a translation list
- Compile a CSV list of content to be translated.
- Google Website Translator
- The Google Website Translator widget is deprecated in place of native Chrome translation functionality.
- Lingotek translation connector
- The Lingotek connector integrates with MindTouch to facilitate controlled bulk and incremental translation across your multilingual instances.
- Localization scope
- Understand what elements are localized by MindTouch.
- Localize UI components
- Some elements within the MindTouch UI can be translated.
- Supported languages
- MindTouch supports 20 languages for the User Interface and Editor functions, and 11 languages for Spell Check.
- Custom translation classification
- Create a custom translation Classification for your translation workflow.
- Translation guidelines
- Consider language codes, file formats, and non-translatable content when translating content exported from your MindTouch site.
- Translation process
- Site structure and content modifications on localized sites impact translation in MindTouch.
- Translation setup
- A separate MindTouch instance should be set up for each foreign site.