Multilingual site setup and SEO
Separate instances for each language improve user experience, site administration, and SEO:
- Search rank and user analytics for the foreign market.
- Site search in the foreign language.
- Localized spell check in MindTouch editor.
- Dedicated instances can be associated to regional parent domains so that Google quickly associates the relationship.
- All search engine benefits directly connect back to the regional parent domains to give an optimal boost.
- Google recognizes the site language and uses correct language stemming to deliver best search results.
Translation begins with the localization of your MindTouch user interface. If you already have instances planned for regional sites, request a new, localized MindTouch instance from MindTouch Support. If you are planning a for a new regional site, contact your MindTouch Customer Success Manager.
After you have your localized MindTouch instance, you can begin content translation. MindTouch supports two translation methods.
- Option 1 - Export for translation
- Option 2 - Automate translation with the MindTouch API
Translation workflow with connector implementation
- Export an archive containing selected articles from your source site with your integrated translation connector.
- Unzip archive from the connector.
- Push desired content to your Translation Management System (TMS)
- Translate content, taking into consideration formatting.
- Pull content back into the connector.
- Repackage the archive into its original structure, and zip the archive.
- Import content into the destination (local) staging site.
- Confirm that content is appropriately translated and formatted.
- If NO: revert to step 4
- If YES: continue to step 9
- Import content into the destination (local) site.
Translation workflow diagram