Some localization steps require assistance from MindTouch Support.
The MindTouch application is internationalized and has localizations for:
- English (en-us)
- Spanish (es-es)
- German (de-de)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br)
- Simplified Chinese (zh-cn)
The diagram below highlights an example page and the elements that localized, translated and branded.
- Localization affects the MindTouch user interface, except for the content within a page.
- Language packs are available for purchase.
- A MindTouch site can have one language per site; adding on an additional language pack requires a new site license.
The MindTouch platform cannot automatically translate page content. Supporting Unicode means that you can enter your own translated content into MindTouch pages. MindTouch UI elements can be localized.
Components that can be localized
- Pro member bar
- Site tools menu
- Options menu
- Editor menus
- Status messages
- Attachment manager
- Page rating
- Link picker dialog
- Move page dialog
- New Page dialog
- MindTouch framework headings, tabs, and buttons (except Overview heading; see Overview bullet next column)
Components that cannot be localized
- Custom-built interfaces (including custom skins)
- The contextual help interface
- The control panel
- Last modified date/time and other meta information within the following tables:
- Page and site history
- User view and search activity
- Content aging and community scoring report
- Overview heading must be in English in order for overview content to be properly used as a page abstract on guide pages and in search results
- Page templates
- Images within the side bar in product help