Content quality checklist
- Applies to:
- All MindTouch Versions
Consider a checklist to assess your MindTouch content.
Over time, your criteria should evolve while adapting to the requirements of your industry and business.
High-quality content can meet 80% of the example requirements. Defining quality criteria that is too rigid can complicate your content.
- Minimum of 200 words: Word count is provided in the editor underneath the Styles button.
- Microcontent: The fewer headings, the better. Keep articles short and brief. Break out long pages into several pages.
- A value statement: Why should the reader use? How will the user benefit?
- Tags (3 to 5): Tag articles to ensure relevant recommended articles.
- Search recommendations: Search recommendations added to each article.
- Hyperlinks (2 or more): Learn how to add hyperlinks.
- Images, screenshots, or diagrams (2 or more): Include media, such as images or videos to enrich content.
- A title that appeals to a human with a job: Example - Create beautiful articles for your developers
- A page type assignment: Assign the appropriate page type in Page Settings > Page type.
- "What it looks like" image: An image of what a visual element may look like when the customer properly follows directions
- Author bar: A visual indicator of who wrote the article. Learn how to create an author bar.
- Version indicator: A visual indicator of the version the article applies to. Learn how to create a version indicator.
- A code or HTML example:
<a href="http://help">This is how you add a hyperlink</a>