Link Manager highlights link issues such as:
- Links to deleted pages
- Links to dated content
- Links to external or undesired sources
Access the link manager
- Navigate to Site tools > Dashboard > Content Management > Link Manager.
Understand your link report
Link Manager includes a filterable list of pages under which the links (or page references) associated with those links are displayed.
Search - filter for text in pages and URLs.
- Location: Filter by hierarchy using this browse option to drill down into a specific subsection of your MindTouch site for review.
After the desired location is selected, click the Filter Links button to update the page.
- Filter: Filter by link status. Statuses include:
- All: Includes all link references.
- OK: Includes all good internal links.
- Broken: Includes all broken internal links.
- External: Includes all external links (link validation not tracked).
- Other: links that appear in an <a> tag, but are not classified as internal or external such as includes mailto, ftp, file attachment links, etc. (link validation not tracked).
Once the desired filter is selected, you must click the Filter Links button to update the page.
- Page title: References page on which links are located.
- Page path: Path associated with the specified reference page.
- Reference status: Status of the link analyzed.
- Reference location: The link path.
- Reference content: Content found inside the link tags.
Link Manager limitations
- Page redirects: Link Manager only handles links generated in the content of a page and does not handle page-level redirects like 301s and 302s.
- Non-content areas: Link Manager only track links found in the content area of pages and does not track links on Templates, Special pages, in the user interface, or in custom templates such as the Header or Footer.
- External link validation: Link Manager lists external and links but cannot validate if external links are broken or not.