Use Content IDs for dynamic external links.
Create content IDs
- Navigate to the content ID management tool through Site tools > Dashboard > Content Tools > Content ID Management.
- Create a content ID (a string of letters, numbers or a combination of both).
Content IDs can only use letters (lower or upper case), numbers, dashes -, underscores _ and periods .
- Add a description of your content ID (255-character limit).
- Click Add to display the ID and description in the table.
- Click the Associations tab and click the pencil link in the far right column.
- Use browse navigation or search to to associate a content ID with an article.
Associate via browse navigation
Expand the hierarchy to locate the article that you want to associate. In the example below our Administration Guide was selected as the article to associate. Clicking Use Selected the Content ID adminguide is associated with the Administration Guide.
If a user attempts to navigate to a page with a non-existent content ID, then the content ID will be generated with the name DEFAULT. This is needed to redirect users back to the homepage.
Associate via search
Click on the Search tab, enter a search term and click Search. This will return a set of results that you can select from and then click Use Selected.
Test the content ID mapping
After you associate the content ID with an article, you will see it mapped in the Associations tab and can test it and confirm the content ID and association resolves. If you create a content ID named adminguide, append your MindTouch site URL with
/@go/cid/adminguide. For example, if your site is
http://example.com/@go/cid/adminguide into the address bar to be redirected to your associated page.
Filter content IDs
You have the ability to filter content IDs at the top of either tab by entering a search term or unchecking the Show mapped or Show unmapped checkboxes. As you add more content IDs, this will make it easier to filter out what content IDs still need associations.