Revision history allows you to see what was revised, who made the revision, compare two revisions, and revert to another revision if necessary. You can see Revision History for all content pages made from new page templates and within template directory such as header and footer templates.
When reverting to a previous revision, certain information such as changes to page content, page properties, files, and file properties can be reverted. To learn more about what information can and cannot be reverted, read our article on page element revert rules.
Consider when attachments are involved before reverting pages.
View, compare and revert to a revision
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Options > Revision history.
- The Revision History page shows when an edit occurred, who made the edit, and a summary of the edit, and any comments added in Edit Summary..
- To view what a particular revision looked like, select the revision and click the View this revision icon .
- To view the changes that were made during a single session, select the revision and click the Compare with previous revision icon .
- To revert to the revision, select the revision and click the Revert to this revision icon .
Compare two revisions
- Select the revisions (A).
- The date and the username of the person who edited the page are conveniently displayed in the top revision banner (B).
- Click Compare revisions (C).
- Under View comparison, select the view that will help you best distinguish the changes:
- Combined view. Allows you to view the changes that have been made in both revisions in one window (A).
- Side by side view. Allows you to view the changes that have been made in both revisions separately (B).
- Both views. Allows you to view the changes both in one window and side by side.