Drafts also allow content managers to review and publish content from Draft Contributors. Depending on how you set up permissions for your workflow, you can allow anyone within your company to create content drafts.
Community members and anonymous users will not be able to see any of the drafts interface. They will only be able to view the live version of a page and will not see any text regarding that page containing a draft. If those users were even given or followed a link to a draft page the system would automatically redirect the user to the live version of a page.
If you create and evolve new pages in draft mode, your content remains unpublished and unsearchable until your content is approved and published. If a draft exists, live page editing is disabled on that page.
Create a Draft Page
Draft a new page
- In the section of your site where you want a new page, click New on the MindTouch toolbar.
- Select the template for the type of new content you want to add.
- Select the Create draft radio button.
- Click Create.
- Add your draft content and click Save.
Although the Article Type is already determined based on the template you select, you will not be able to see the Article Type until the new draft page is published as a live page.
Draft a Published Page
- Click Create draft in the top banner or click Edit from the MindTouch toolbar and choose Create draft.
- Make your desired edits and click Save.
- MindTouch saves a new draft page while keeping the published page available to visitors.
You will not be able to link to files attached to a draft page until it is published.
View a Draft Page
See draft of a new page
Use Draft manager.
See draft of an already published page
- When you navigate to the published page, find the banner on the Live article that says, There is a draft with pending changes for this page.
- Click View draft to see the draft page.
Publish a Draft
- Navigate to view the draft page
- In the banner at the top of the page, click Publish > Publish draft.
If needed, move the page (Options > Move) and change the article's page permissions (Options > Restrict access) after publishing.
Delete a Draft
- Navigate to view the draft page.
- In the banner at the top of the page, click Delete page (if it was a draft for a new page) or click Delete draft (if it was a draft of a published article).
Unpublish a Page
Unpublishing a live page will revert it back to a Draft version and will replace the live version with a placeholder page
- Navigate to the live page
- In the Options dropdown, click Unpublish page