MindTouch Administrators can restore any accidently deleted pages or files. By viewing the actual pages or files in the admin panel, your administrators can determine whether they need to be restored without disturbing the flow of work.
Sometimes pages and files can be deleted accidentally. Whenever a page or a file is deleted in MindTouch, they are automatically recorded in the Administrators Control Panel under Maintenance & History, giving the Admin the ability to restore them. Deleted files cannot be permanently purged, and are stored within the Deleted Pages indefinitely.
Locate the Deleted Pages tab under the Navigation Menu. Here you will find a list of all of the pages that have been deleted from your site, as well as information about the page. To restore a page, click the Restore link.
Restore a page
The Restore link will display the page that has been deleted. From here you have two options:
- Restore the page back into your site.
- Cancel and allow the page to remain deleted.
- Choosing to restore a page will place the page back into your files and a confirmation page will appear.
This page has been restored successfully! You will also have a prompt to continue restoring other pages. Click on restore another page to return to the restore panel.
Restore deleted files
Only the Administrator has the ability to restore and delete files and pages and once a file has been deleted permanently there is no way to retrieve it so choose wisely.
- From the navigation bar, click on Site Tools > Control Panel.
- Once in the Control Panel, select Deleted Files under Maintenance and & History.
- Click on the check box next to the file path and hit Restore Files. You also have the option to permanently delete a file by clicking on the button to the right of it. By doing this you will no longer have the file stored and will have to re-upload the files to your site.
- After the page loads, the deleted files should have been restored back to the original page and will receive the following message.
Note: A single MindTouch site can store up to 5,000 attachments.