After reading this article, you will be able to configure your site to your liking within the Control Panel. The Control Panel is only accessible to Admin users as Anonymous and Community members do not have access to the Control Panel. It's simple to make your universal changes within MindTouch to basic configurations such as changing the site name, time zones, notifications, and much more.
- Navigate to Site Tools > Control Panel.
NOTE: Only admin users have access to the Control Panel. If you cannot access the Control Panel, speak with your system administrator to become an admin and obtain access to the Control Panel.
- Under System Settings on the left hand side, click on Configuration.
NOTE: System Settings is available for any site wide configuration changes that are made, and any updated information that is saved will be effective immediately.
- In the Site Options section, there are two options that you can check for your site.
- Allow anyone to create a viewer/commenter account - This does not allow anonymous users to view your entire site although it will enable them to self register for an account.
- Make site private (Anonymous users must login) - This will make your entire site private and requires anonymous users to log into your MindTouch site in order to access any information.
NOTE: One or more checkboxes can be clicked.
- In the Site Name section, change your site name as it will appear in the browser tab.
- In the Site Timezone section, choose a timezone for your site. The timezone will be viewed on various interfaces such as in the site's Revision History, Site History, and Reports according to the selected time. An example of the timezone displayed in the site history is shown below:
- Click Save Changes.