Learn how to effortlessly set up, configure and customize MindTouch F1, a contextual help system for your web applications.
MindTouch F1 Dialog Walkthrough
MindTouch F1 can be triggered from anywhere you want to place your application's help link or image.
When the help link is clicked, the F1 dialog will open on top of your current page. Your contextual help content will appear inside.
F1 dialog controls can be customized and include the following by default:
- Back: navigate to a previous page.
- Forward: when navigating to a previous page, a user can choose to move forward to the page they were on before.
- Home: return to the starting page of the F1 dialog
- Open Article: opens the current article in a new window or tab.
- Search: opens a new window or tab to a search results page for the knowledge base they were searching.
To close the F1 dialog, users need only click on the close button in the upper right hand corner, or click outside the dialog container.
The benefits of MindTouch F1 include
- An out-of-the-box contextual help system that leverages MindTouch TCS for authoring, discovery and curation analytics
- Lowered dependency on engineering resources
- Increased customer engagement and satisfaction
- Reduced support costs by bringing self-serve support documents straight to your users, right within your app
- Easy setup and deployment in your apps
Configuration and Setup
To use F1 Contextual help with your MindTouch deployment, first confirm that you have the proper level of MindTouch by filling out our contact form and your Account Representative will follow up with you. If you do have it enabled for your site, you can access the setup instructions here: F1 Contextual Help Setup